Commercial Strip Mall Roofer
After inspecting the roof of a popular strip center in Waco, Clark Roofing found the following issues:
- Roof hatch hinges and safety arms broken; hatch will not close all the way and must be removed and replaced
- Holes drilled through roof hatch for cable wiring, not safe and causing leaks, must be rerouted
- Make up air unit not closed and allowing rain to enter the building
- Aged electrical conduits and pitch pans leaking through roof in several areas, pitch pans needs to be replaced, electrical boxes remounted to allow proper seal and waterproofing.
- Existing roof membranes are aged, cracked and causing leaks, it looks like the parapet walls has had work over the past 10 years and some of them replaced, but laps are starting to fail, needs to be replaced with TPO roof system.
- Extremely rusted and rotted roof vents must be replaced
- Existing roof membranes are aged, cracked and causing leaks, it looks like the parapet walls has had work over the past 10 years and some of them replaced, but laps are starting to fail, needs to be replaced with TPO roof system
- Remove all un-used electrical equipment, exhaust fans, cap and seal as needed
- Aged electrical conduits and pitch pans leaking through the roof in several areas, pitch pans need to be replaced, electrical boxes remounted to allow proper seal and waterproofing
- Current built-up roof membrane aged, cracked, and failing throughout the roof system and should be fully replaced with a TPO roof system
Clark Roofing began the project by removing and hauling off gravel from all roof levels. Materials were delivered on-site, loaded onto the roof and protected with weatherproof plastic wraps and coverings. Site safety cones were set up to control access and protect work areas. And rental equipment was delivered including Roll-off Containers, 54′ Sky Track, and Dump Bucket. We held a safety meeting with our crew before getting to work. First, we removed all unused mechanical equipment and existing trash that was on the roof.
We began on the South end of the strip mall by installing the insulation by manufacturers Field Of Roof and Parapet Walls.
We installed the 60 MIL TPO roof system with two, 5′ Perimeter sheets, 10’ Field Sheets, and 5′ sheets on parapet walls that terminated under metal flashings.
We replaced penetration flashing on all units and pipes, and pitch pans. And we secured all the wiring that was loose or laying on the roof surface to protect it.
The winds were high for one or two days, so we reduced production and enhanced safety from blowing materials and debris. We had a safety monitor on-site to ensure everything was safe and traffic control was monitored and in place.